"Calm Down," Busta Rhymes' frenetic, alarming new track from his accessible anthology Extinction Level Event 2, finds the adept rapper trading 60-bar verses with Eminem, whose rhymes ambit from the abstract to the sophomoric. It's not the duo's aboriginal accord - see 2006's "I'll Hurt You" - but for Busta, it represents the once-dominant ache of punchline- and allusion-based hip-hop.
Q&A: Busta Rhymes on the State of Hip-Hop
"It's a bald basic hip-hop, fundamental, boom-bap record," the rapper tells Rolling Stone. "It's samples, harder kicks, harder snares and a accomplished lot of fucking confined of rapping with both metaphors and punchlines. It's a affable admonition to today's bearing of what this accomplished affair is based on."
As with his Q-Tip accord on "Thank You," the rapper says he was aggressive by the aggressive attributes of his assistant to plan harder on his verse. "When you wildin' with artists that you account and you apperceive they ain't arena no fucking games, I attending advanced to these moments because he is traveling to accompany the best out of me," says the rapper. "I apperceive that I ain't gonna play with him in the aforementioned way that he's not traveling to play with me. And the admirable bits about that is that we are supposed to accomplish anniversary added bigger and accompany the best out of anniversary other."
Busta's account for Eminem goes aback to the backward Nineties, if he aboriginal heard Eminem's Slim Shady EP while traveling as allotment of the Smokin' Grooves tour. Before the two had anytime met, Busta about suffered a medical abrasion from audition Em's flow.
"We were on the Smokin' Grooves bout in the aback of one of the venues," recalls the rapper. "Wyclef has this big-ass flat on his bus so we consistently capital to go adhere out and he was arena the Slim Shady EP. Before I could in fact get on the bus, I was continuing on the three little accomplish that you airing up to get on to the bus and I was comatose my arch so fucking hard, traveling crazy, that I hit my arch on the windshield and bankrupt the accomplished fuckin' windshield of Wyclef's bus. It fucked the accomplished bottle up.
"The fucking bits that I was audition from him created an beastly aptitude reaction," added the rapper. "There was no anticipation that went into the way I reacted; it was just so effectively acute that i just ashamed out. And there are actual few moments like that, for me, that fabricated me feel like that. When I aboriginal heard him, I didn't apperceive if he was white or atramentous or area he came from. All I knew is what he was authoritative me feel like fabricated me about advance my arch through a windshield."
Rhymes said he hopes to release Extinction Level Event 2 sometime this fall.
No hay comentarios :